Monday, October 5, 2009

In need of an update????

Hello! Life has been crazy busy for the last week. I can't believe what I fit into one week!! I had surgery to remove my gallbladder last Friday. Things went better than I thought they would and I was able to wake up faster than when I had sinus surgery. My recovery nurse was very nice and checked in on us often to make sure that I was doing well. Now, no laughing. This is me at 8:00 in the morning waiting to go into surgery!
I was pretty nervous for the surgery, but it all worked out. My mom's friend was my OR nurse and I felt comfortable and safe in the hands of Dr. Harker. I then spent the weekend at my parent's house. On Sunday, Nyla and Lloyd came to visit me and brought me flowers and white chocolate!
I spent the weekend relaxing and doing homework! I don't know how I got so behind in the first place! On Tuesday I was back to work for a few hours and Wednesday I worked about 6 hours, although I was exhausted afterward. Thursday morning, Mom, Dad, Chase, McKenna, and I left for a weekend in Island Park. I know I shouldn't miss so much school, but I couldn't resist! Mom, McKenna, and I spent most of the time at the condo relaxing and watching movies while Dad and Chase went fishing. On Friday we did take a raft down the river. The first part where there wasn't any phone lines or people, was amazing. It was so nice to be out in nature where if you were quiet, there was no sound of civilization. I couldn't paddle, but I went along for the ride! It was a lot of fun to float down a low river and bond with my family.

On Saturday evening, we went to Big Springs and found a little river otter. He was pretty shy and didn't stick around much, but it was fun to watch him. On the way home we stopped and spent a little bit of time at Mesa Falls, which was beautiful, just a bit cold! We came home yesterday, unloaded and went to family birthdays for my dad's side of the family. My cousin Chris just got home from his mission to Uraguay and it was great to see him. I can't believe it has been two years! I got my 20 staples out of my belly this morning and the doctor said that everything is looking great! Now I am back to real life, while remembering to take it easy and not lift more than 20 pounds for a couple more weeks!

No comments: