Friday, May 11, 2012

Time

I guess there just isn't enough time to do all of the things that we want or need to do. I understand the whole prioritizing concept, in fact, I would say that I am quite good at it. Sometimes I put other things ahead of my 1st priority that I have on my list at any given time, and then later I am frustrated by it. However, I have to keep reminding myself: Good, Better, Best.
Since Nyla is out of town, I am holding down the fort at work. I don't know how Nyla does it! Long days here in the office by myself make me ornery and a little bit crazy! The worst of it is that I find myself with down time, but I have to sit at the desk to answer the phone. This only frustrates me because I have a list of things I NEED and some I WANT to do at home. Once I have worked a 10 hour day, I just want to watch TV and be lazy. It doesn't help that I am currently addicted to some TV shows: "Lie to Me", "Bones", "CHUCK", "Big Bang Theory", "Modern Family", "Sherlock", "Once Upon A Time", and "Suburgatory". It is hard for me to believe that I love that many TV shows right now! (There are more, I just wouldn't say that I am currently addicted to them.)

Anyways, I had decided to buck up and even though I was tired, I was going to get stuff done after work yesterday. This included sewing some burp cloths and cleaning my room. I had agreed to watch Carson while Chelsea & Connor cleaned the church, but that was a couple of hours after I got home. Then plans changed, which typically happens when there are little people in your life, and I ended up watching Carson an hour earlier and just as late as I had planned. So much for sewing! Then right before I left for Chelsea's house, Teisha called to see if I would watch Kota. I miss that kid and he may be possibly playing with me tonight, not sure yet. Although I get frustrated with the piles of stuff to do, I completely enjoy myself when I am with Carson and Kota. I also have to remind myself that they are only this age right now, my messy room will still be messy next week, but some cute things that those kids do, may not be.
When I got to Chelsea's house, Carson smiled and animatedly caught me up on his day! He is so very talkative, but the thing that amazes me is how animated he is. He is so fun to talk to and listen to! Carson has decided that he hates bath time now. Chase and I bathed him last night and he SCREAMED through it. He calmed down a little bit when I wrapped him in his towel, but he kept looking at me and occasionally screaming and yelling at me to let me know that he was still upset. Once he was all dry and in snuggly warm PJs and had eaten, he was totally happy! 
I am hoping that I can play with Kota tonight after work and then tomorrow after work I will be able to work on CutesieBee stuff. I also decided that for Mother's Day this year, I would get some flowers and plant them in my mom's flower beds for her. She LOVES it when her yard is neat and beautiful. She always gets so excited when her flowers are blooming. She just hasn't had time to work in the yard. This is why I decided to take care of it for her. Instead of more stuff in the house, we can give her something that she will enjoy!
Chase is running a 5K tomorrow for part of the Smithfield Health Days celebration. It is his first one and I think he is both nervous and excited. I won't be there (since I will be working), but I'm sure he'll do great and I'm sure he'll be tired afterward!

No comments: