Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a Week!

It is midterms at school, so things have been pretty busy! Also, Nyla went out of town for a good part of the week, which meant that I had to work some more hours. I survived it though! My mom and I are helping to do the Smithfield City Scholarship Program this coming April, so we had a meeting with some of the other girls who are going to help. I think this will be really fun! Yesterday I went to McKenna's band competition at ISU with my family. Unfortunately, snow is arriving and I hate it, Chase took a picture of the snow on our way to Pocatello.
Fall is my favorite time of year and it is being skipped and replaced by snow. Luckily on the way there we didn't have any difficult roads or weather. We watched Sky View and a few other bands at the competition.
Mountain Crest did an excellent job and brought a lot of competition for Sky View. Sky View took first place by only 2 points! Crazy!!! Then since they one, they all just stood on the field after the competition and played their program again.
Then we went to Grandma Montgomery's for pizza and so that McKenna could change her clothes. When we were leaving it was hailing and we were all getting really nervous about what the roads would be like going home. Just wihin 10 minutes of leaving we saw three cars off the road. We played with the option of turning around and staying at grandma's, but my dad was convinced that once we passed Inkom, the storm would let up. It did. We didn't have any other problems the whole way home and lucky for me, there wasn't snow in Logan!! I hate snow!!!
We were all pretty tired and cold by the time we got home though!

No comments: