Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Reward.....A Blog Update


Life has been crazy busy! I am only taking 10 credits this semester and it is the most homework and studying I have done all of college! Today I am having a lock myself in my room and do homework day. I needed a break, so my reward for writing 2 papers and doing another assignment was to update my blog. I am all recovered from my surgery! The doctor told me 3 weeks until I would be pretty much back to normal, but even last week (week 4) I was tired and couldn't keep up with things. Then this week, it was like a switch went off and I feel pretty good. People may think that I'm crazy, but I really like my little 'scars' from the surgery. It is like a physical reminder that I survived something unique! I think it is kind of cool. When I haven't been doing homework, I have enjoyed spending some time with my awesome roommate who moved back this year, going to Chase's orchestra concert, and working on hours for my practicum, which is also going to Chase's swim meets! Might I just add, Chase is a pretty good cellist!
This last weekend, we went to the Idaho Falls Spook Splash. They did really good! I tried to do a little homework, but I kept getting splashed so I gave up. Mom got some reading in though.
Chase got cut on the lane line during warm up, but it closed up so he could do his events. He said it really hurt when he stretched out his arm though. It has been pretty awesome to be able to do my practicum hours with the swim team, I get to be around for more of Chase's stuff and don't feel guilty about taking time away from school work, because it is! We have another meet this Saturday too.
Every year, I do a group piano Halloween party for my piano students where we play music games and have fun. In the past I have only had 3 students, but this year, I have 6! It was crazy, but it was fun. They really know their stuff, which intimidates McKenna. She says they know more theory than her! They felt pretty great when they heard her say that. Since I didn't get my camera out fast enough, I only got a picture of two of the students! (They could dress up in their Halloween costumes)
So life has been crazy, but I guess it is good! Well my reward has been sweet, but it is now time to get back to homework.
The next picture is my scars, it may seem gross to some people, so just don't look at it then. I just think they are super cool! The little holes are where the staples went in. My belly button scar is kind of weird since it kind of looks like a smiley face and a sun!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Glad you are getting around to posting. I am sooo far behind on my blog....