This year I wasn't going to set any resolutions, even as of January 2nd, I hadn't come up with any and wasn't trying to. Then I thought of a couple of things I would like to do so I figured that was probably as close as it was going to get!
The very first one I came up with was to finish my cake decorating classes. I took the first one right after high school and loved it. Once college classes started, life got too busy to take those classes. The thought has entered my mind a few times over the last few years, but there was always something in the way. I signed up for course 2 on Wednesday and my first class was on Thursday. I am the only student so I get 100% off the teacher's attention which I hope will help me to be even better! It was my first experience working with gum paste and fondant. I don't particularly like the taste, but I love what you can do with them. I made button flowers and pansies. The pansies were kind of tricky for me, so I made a bunch more the next night to practice. I have 3 more classes for course 2 and should be able to do the following when I am done:
Button Flowers, Pansies, Violets, Daffodils, Roses, Lilies, Apple Blossoms, Primroses, stems, leaves, and basket weave.
I will actually put together a complete cake in my last lesson. Then I am hoping to jump right into course 3. There are a total of 4 courses, and depending on how everything works out, I will have them all taken by July! That would be pretty neat. Then I will be looking for any opportunities to make fabulous cakes, cupcakes, etc!
My other resolutions include exercising everyday, making better food choices, studying the scriptures more often and in more depth, staying financially on top of everything and trying to pay down my car quicker. I sure love that car, but I don't like how big my payments are and would like to eventually switch my loan over to my bank and hopefully get smaller payments. In the past most of my resolutions have been weight loss related. Because of my PCOS and insulin resistance, it is hard to lose weight. I get so frustrated when I work hard and the number on the scale doesn't get smaller, in fact sometimes it is bigger :( I have decided to not focus on weight this time. I figure as long as I am really working hard every day, I will be benefiting from regular exercise. If I make better food choices, I will be healthier and maybe with all of those combined, I will lose weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment