Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Trip 11-12

This year for our family's annual New Years trip, we went to the Whites' house in Manila (Flaming Gorge). We spent the entire weekend chilling and enjoying the relaxation and great weather. It really hasn't been cold this year which is kind of strange.

We left on Friday morning. Since our family is getting bigger, we took two cars this year. I rode with Chelsea and Connor, everyone else rode in the suburban. We stopped in Evanston, WY for a quick lunch at Arbys and a quick stop for blankets at Walmart. On the way we got to see all of the windmills turning like crazy!
Once we got there, the boys took the dog on a hike while we unpacked and got settled in. I really didn't take any more pictures at that point, except for everyone trying to feel Carson kick, punch, or wiggle. He didn't really like his space being compromised, so if you put any pressure on Chelsea's belly, you would likely feel something. It was the first time Chase had ever felt a baby kick! It kind of freaked him out.
I took my Cricut and Gypsy and cut out shapes and letters out of a bunch of my scrap paper. We played Just Dance 3, pretty fun when you got all 4 kids playing together. We then watched Harry Potter 7 part 2 and went to bed. It was REALLY windy that night so it was kind of hard to sleep. It was cool to listen to Il Divo's "Wicked Game" , looking at the moon (which was right outside the window in the upstairs room we were staying in) while I drifted off to sleep.
I was very cold all day on Saturday and most of the day found my curled up on the couch nearest to the heater, wearing my dad's new warm jacket, and wrapped in a blanket. I even slept like that for a little bit. The boys went and took pictures for a little bit and we played games like Phase 10 and Farkle. We didn't stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve. Lame Right!?! We started watching Prince of Persia at 10 and only made it about a half hour before everyone went to bed. I was asleep by midnight!
Dad took pictures and read, we played card games. It was wonderful to just relax! On Sunday night we watched Inception and went to bed. This morning Connor and Chase went fishing while Dad took pictures. Mom and I cleaned up the house and everyone packed up. Poor McKenna felt horrible this morning which only made our trip home quicker. Once again I rode with Chelsea and Connor. We got home around 5 pm. It is amazing how much going on vacation and traveling can wear you out! I am definitely going to sleep VERY early tonight! I am exhausted!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Great pics of the windmills! Glad you took some and wrote up your blog:) I really need to get on that!